Sunday 13 February 2011

To Trinity & Beyond!

"Can I get access to the wifi please?" - (It was as if I had disturbed her in the shower)

A very stern lady, behind the desk, asked me how I had got into the airport lounge. I said - "via the elevator?" - from whose doors (directly in front of her) I had emerged.

"Are you a Club member!!!!" - she barked at me – the way she narrowed her eyes at that point made me think that the wrong answer to this question would mean me being disciplined by strap.

So you can fly around the US on a UK Drivers License - yet American Airlines ask you at least four times to present a simple ticket they create – represent it often to the same person. These same people, now elevated in importance by their next role, increasingly scan you like an Alien from District 9.

The lounge, I find out, won't give you free wifi unless you have a gold/club card which means you have to fish about a fifth time. Even if you are flying Premium yet domestically - no lounge. Needless to say my view of humans dropped back to normal. She backs down from any flesh tearing as I wield a fist full of Airline cards - fit to make Ed Scissorhands very proud.

Is it so hard for people to think as they work? I understand systems - really I do - but is this whole crappy process ever going to get a makeover fit for the century in which we now exist? Dumb, rude ignorant robots.

Oh and they have run out of food in my cabin...!!!

Where is Francis Bacon when you need him! 

"Uncritical acceptance based on the word or position of authority is a barrier to sound reasoning."

Posted via email from Just Thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment