Monday 9 April 2012

My world has changed. Beyond Recognition

Drugs

It's true. I am addicted. 

And I hereby formally apologise to all around me who have to put up with my incessant obsession with gadgets and everything cool, on-line and funky but hey – go with me here. 

Within a mere 3 years I have been able to achieve some pretty heavy duty ambitions. Some powerful mojo. I always envisioned the ability to stumble across an image (or an idea) and store it somewhere where not only could I find it but I could share it with others by inviting them along. Inspire someone with the find or even better meeting others with the same or similar passion. Outside of a care home or a prison. Along comes Instagram and Pinterest. http://pinterest.com/johncaswell/

My_pinterest

And I also thought what a really awful job most people did of their BIO and CV. And then along comes this. http://zerply.com/GroupPartners/public What a completely superb and simple way of creating a simple easy and above all for those who need to – a seriously valuable way to expose yourself! And below this one the other way to view yourself at http://resumup.com/me/259338

My_cv_and_bio

The 'Resum UP' Analytical View. All of these solutions take all the data from your Facebook and Twitter feeds. Then you simply add your final and more subtle points as you feel you should and also remain connected to everyone by being able to share it all again.

My_stats

For those of you who have yet to discover Tumblr – and apparently there are still one or two folk out there like that – then this was another really big idea for me. Where to go to be inspired. To just be wowed - without having to go through 'trial by search' (Google) to find something (and people) who are truly seeking out the insane or the diabolically creative. By adding a quote or another thought then you can add to the circle of creativity and ingenuity that is the visual world of Tumblr. http://johncaswell.tumblr.com/

My_tumblr

And finally I found my inner writer and a perfect platform for me to just talk to myself – like now. 

Like most people who blog I write for myself. I do it to rehearse my own thoughts and just see what I can do to be that little bit more creative. I use the blog to get over myself and outpour all sorts of mad rambles that inhabit my crazy head. And then I head to Pinterest/Instagram to get an image, to Tumblr to get over it all and realise how boring I am – and if you are reading it here, then here.

My_posterous1

But mostly I'm razzing about what amazing tools we all have now. Simply incredible power, really really simple to implement, incredibly intuitive, free to use and totally crazy in terms of the sheer quantity and confusion of their profusion. What a great time to be living through. Where will it all end? Well hopefully it never will. There will be far smarter versions and platforms, User Interfaces (UI) and Search (Semantic) but mostly our human creativity will continue and we will take it all as it is meant to be – to improve our ability to connect, share and add value to our evolving world. 

Oh and it doesn't mean we stop talking to humans face to face right!

Posted via email from Just Thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment